As promised a couple of weeks back here are the 31st once more but this time in 20mm.
The figures are from the excellent Newline designs range, flags by Maverick and based on the same 40 x 40mm metal bases from PWS used for the 28mm Foundry regiment.
The idea was that once I could compare the two scales all based up I would have a clear idea which one to proceed with. Problem is I still like both ranges/scales for different reasons. (I used to be indecisive before I took up overthinking).
However I can put that all off for a bit as my new parcel of 28mm First Bull Run figures has arrived and I am already started on a new Confederate unit.
TTFN.


Lovely work, they look super. Must admit I quite like the 20mm Newline range, but as you say both scales work so well.
ReplyDeleteI may end flipping a coin a this rate!
DeleteThey look very smart! Personally I prefer the 20mm but then I would…
ReplyDeleteSo would Goya!
DeleteYou’ve done a great job on both. The Perry figures will be better sculpted but I imagine the Newline will be cheaper and quicker to paint so they’ll be on the table earlier. Anyway, I went for the Newline!
ReplyDeleteHow do you do your bases? They are very nice.
I use Evostick wood glue and build it up so that it is level with the bases (Evostick is thick so it works better than hobby PVA). I then put it in a tub f kids play sand I picked up from a supermarket years ago.
DeleteI leave the bases buried in the sand so it sort of all sinks in and dries. Then just paint using Vallejo paints: Brown Sand, drybrush with Iraqi sand and finally Ivory.
The tufts an static grass are ones I have picked up over the years,
Thanks for that. I hadn’t thought that thick PVA would build up to base level.
DeleteBoth are fine looking and painted figures, do both if you can't decideπ
ReplyDeleteYou could be on to something there....
DeleteDo love the Newline stuff... and especially the price c/w the bigger scales if that's a decider??
ReplyDeleteThe price is definitely one attraction, easy to paint and just as good looking when finished. Just smaller.
DeleteA difficult choice Matt…
ReplyDeleteAnd now you throw Bull Run in the ring… The butterfly is strong in you ππ¦π¦π¦
All the best. Aly
The butterfly is in my DNA!
Delete