Sunday 7 April 2019

"Tricornicus"

Or "Wargaming the American War of Independance....My Way"

Many moons ago I had a number of 1/72nd AWI figures sculpted for me by Mr Andrew Stadden intended as a retirement project all for me. There are lots of fantastic ranges out there but I wanted to do it in my favourite scale with figures of my specification. 

So far I have 7 master figures sculpted but only 1 of those poses has had moulds made and figures cast - "Early British Infantry Charging"


The figure has a separate musket so lends itself to a fair bit of tweaking and conveniently doubles as a standard bearer and Sergeant with pike with a little work. (The officer figure is a plastic IMEX figure). This is not a commercial project (I learned my lesson first time round) but I would like to expand the collection to other favourite periods in due course.


I will get the other 6 figures (British & American officers and drummers, American infantry and a British Grenadier) cast up much later this year, but as I start my new Monday to Friday job tomorrow I thought I can at least show off my toys and start to dream of my little pet project finally taking off.  

11 comments:

  1. They look marvellous - really terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an interesting project , nice figures .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking figures, all the best with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are little three-pointed masterpieces, Matt! What a fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little figures, wonderful to have some 'original' figures

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a splendid unit. I would never have guessed it was based on just one figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice indeed! There is a lot to be said for a basic pose and a separate musket. Should be quite possible to use the castings as americans as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine looking unit, I shall look forward to the project developing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nicely done Matt, so much animation from a single pose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for pointing me to your blog and this post in particular. What a great project and I look forward to seeing the results of the castings!

    David

    ReplyDelete