Sunday 6 March 2022

Finally On the March Again.

It has been a while since my last post caused by general stuff plus difficulty with the old eyes again. Hopefully tomorrows laser surgery will fix the worst of that problem. 

Continuing on with shiny Napoleonic's I give your more Tradition of London 25mm figures in the form of the Grenadiers of the French Imperial Guard.
These fellows were undercoated in black and with their delicate detail were the devil to paint. I will be using alternative colour undercoats in the future I think; but as the next batch are Brunswickers I will persevere a little longer with the black. 

 My old Merit trees have had a bit of a refurbishment following Aly Morrison's recipe found here.
Oversize flag (I know-but they are my toys!) from Warflag one again.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks (cannot say I am looking forward to it!).

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the surgery! Both my mum and monster in law have been lay-zorrred and it worked. Of course, I couldn’t help telling the MiL it was the same one Goldfinger used…

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine return there Matt. Hope the surgery does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil - so far so good. Sore but infinitely better.

      Delete
  4. Great old skool figures Matt. Nice brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them!
    Best of luck Matt

    Best wishes
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classic looking toy soldiers Matt…
    I’m glad you found my tree renovation a help….
    I don’t think eye surgery is something anyone really looks forward to… hopefully you will see a different soon…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the surgery has been very successful - its like watching an HD TV for the first time!

      Delete
  7. These figures are such lovely sculpts - I had no idea. A great paint job and such lovely gloss too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gloss certainly adds to the charm!

      Delete