Wednesday 11 January 2023

Plans For 2023

 2023 has been dominated so far with a headache and chills. I should have been going down the club tonight but I don't believe infecting everyone else  is a good idea. Still it has given me the opportunity to photograph the first of my new 28mm Perry Franco-Prussian War figures.


In order to keep myself focussed this year I have put myself forward for three club show games.  Each requires a fair amount of effort to complete so I have been quite busy even through the "man-flu".

The 28mm FPW game is actually number 2 on the agenda. The first game requires me to beef up my 28mm ACW Union figures (cavalry and artillery bits underway at the moment).

These Union boys will fill my next few posts, perhaps with the odd vintage 20mm ACW thrown in for good measure.

But for now I'm off to lie down on the settee and wallow in self pity.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.....the new soldiers are bringing flowers to their Commander in Chief to cheer him and aid his recovery.

    It is good to have plans though. Get well quick so you can get nack to painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain the 'man flu' has struck me down as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, whatever you do don't attempt any household chores as these can be very dangerous if you have man-flu! Looking forward to seeing more of your FPW collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting the figures done. Man flu is nasty, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially the Mrs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear it from an alleged important expert that the best… in fact only cure for man-flu is painting toy soldiers.
    The medicine needs to be taken at least three times a day and washed down with whiskey where possible….

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gentlemen, thank you for your condolences in this darkest of dark hour. Your words of wisdom vis a vis manthrax have been gratefully received.

    Fear nought, I have not let the side down. I have whinged, whined and generally wallowed in self-pity enough to make even a Ginger Prince blush.

    ReplyDelete