Saturday 14 September 2024

69th New York Regiment (Meagher's Zouaves)

 It has been a busy summer with very little painting or gaming. Now that the nights are drawing in however I have finally been able to finish the new Jacklex Zouaves I started in July. The whole unit is kitted out in the Company K Zouave uniform as worn at First Bull Run.


I have always liked the uniform ever since I bought my copy of the Osprey Army of the Potomac. It was the first Osprey title I ever bought and still has pride of place in my ACW book section. 


A special mention about the flags which is a very fortunate recent discovery, 

Maverick Models flags (here). Not only is the range of flags huge they are also printed bespoke in the size you want them. Simply purchase the closest sized flag (6/10/15/25/40 or 50mm) and you will receive an email asking for the exact size you want. The flags here are the "effect" version - with plain flags (no texturing) also available.

With the REVO flags I used now being more difficult to find these are a fantastic alternative.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Matt…
    I’ve used Maverick Models flags in the past … I found them very satisfying.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid, the flags set them off nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very impressed with the new figures and my new flag source.

      Delete
  3. Cracking looking unit and the uniform is a beauty, Maverick flags are really good, top notch service from them when I have used them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding looking regiment, I can see why you picked it. I have used maverick flags in the past and they are very good. Great product and super service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - I am planning new units just for the flags I can use!

      Delete