While I wait for my next delivery of early war ACW figures for the First Bull Run expansion I thought I might start to tackle "the started but not finished" pile.
I give you the 31st Huntingfordshire Regiment from the First Sikh War. I think I started these during the final COVID lockdown, so they were a little dusty. I washed them down and decided to start again from scratch.
The simple uniforms meant that these took only a week to paint and base.
Wargame Foundry figures with flags from Maverick who currently have three flags sets suitable for the First Sikh War. I will use Napoleonic flags to fill the gaps.
I am currently painting the same unit again but this time using the 20mm Newline Designs range. I will then decide which scale I will go ahead with because I do like both ranges/scales for different reasons.
Steel Bases
In my mind the most convenient way of protecting figures from the risk of damage while storing and transporting them has been the use of A4 box folders lined with magnetic sheets.
This great for figures that can be individually based on washers but for units like this I did not think there was anyway of doing this. However, thanks to Mr Google I found a company called Precision Wargames Supplies Ltd here
They are laser cut steel bases which are nice and thin (less than 1mm thick) and their heft will help when using plastic figure for my other collections. And best of all they stick in my box folders nice and snugly! I have made a few more orders since and have always had first class service.

I should have realised these bases were available; the technology has been around since the 1960s.
Next up I will give you the "wee 31st"!




ReplyDelete"Goodbye. . . Mr. Bond!"
Kind Sunday Regards,
Stokes