Sunday 12 September 2021

Snake Fencing And Union Reinforcements

 I have had a few weeks away from the painting table, nothing bad, I have just been busy with other things. This week therefore I was fully charged up to get painting once more. 

First up is another 12 figures for the 54th. 


Plastic Perry figures once more with metal head swaps. I have completed another 12 figure units in fact but have run out of bases. The order is in and so they should be ready by next Sunday. This actually makes the Union army the same size (and composition) as the Confederates. I intend to have a numerically bigger Union force and level up the points by differences in morale.

I have also been working on some MDF snake fencing I picked up on Ebay. When complete I will have 4.5 metres of the stuff!


I have started the Perry ACW farmhouse and the church is waiting in the queue. The 3 month deadline is up next week so all in all I am pleased with the results (despite all the distractions). I am looking forward to bringing them down for club night very soon plus getting back to my various 20mm wars in the America's projects.

13 comments:

  1. Great work on the figures , that fencing looks good as well .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fencing is definitely worth the effort!

      Delete
  2. Splendid looking unit Matt, looks like you are getting near to having enough fencing too😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the joys of snake fencing - I have about 4 meters too but in 6mm! The figures look great, any plans for those HH ACW you had?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch this space - I had a fortunate ebay find which means I can now field a good sized Zouave regiment. They are currently sitting in a tub of bleach.

      Delete
  4. you can never have enough snake fencing in 19thC North America, unless troops have been past recently when much of it will have been torn down for firewood or riflepits.

    Figures and fencing look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will make some suitably damaged lengths too - I've got enough!

      Delete
  5. Lovely work on those Perry figures and the fencing is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figures and the fence is outstanding. You can never have enough fencing for your games.

    ReplyDelete