Monday 26 June 2017

Minifigs Imperial French Infantry 1870

As promised in  my last post I have been able to finish this battalion of 15mm Minifigs French infantry (they were actually about 75% complete anyway so it is no great achievement).

The humble Minifigs - still looking good after all these years!

 The infantry come in one basic pose but with a little bending here and there they produce a nice varied look. Cleanly sculpted they paint up really well I think. I don't quite have enough for another battalion so another visit to the Minifigs site will be in order when I have cleared the backlog; however I am so impressed with the little fellas that I may experiment with their Crimean War figures as well.


More garance for the collection.

I am now working on finishing up some French artillery, Old Glory 15s this time. They really just need the guns finishing and basing so I am hoping for another post later this week.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Stokes - I rather stupidly deleted your comment rather than publish it, in answer to your question however Minifigs do produce 1914/15 French so there is no need to convert these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really good Matt. I must admit that I really quite like the Minifigs 15mm ranges and they are very comprehensive and are almost becoming Old School now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. They are also somehow very easy to paint.

      Delete
  3. MiniFigs have stood the test of time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finely done Matt, I had forgotten how good the Minifigs 15mm stuff was, indeed is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Formidable et merveilleux! I had no idea Minifigs could look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Minifig French look splendid! Not having any MF from this range, I am interested in a comparison with Old Glory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done, Joli travail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fine looking unit, a little bending and tweaking makes a big difference!

    ReplyDelete