Wednesday 28 March 2018

Nearly There...

French line battalion number 6 is now complete. Another "firing line", but this time a couple of the troops are taking advantage of the prone reload capabilities of the breech-loaders.

 15mm Essex Miniatures once more.

This means I need just two command stands and phase #1 of the French army is complete. We have a bank holiday weekend coming up so hopefully I can pull that all together by then.

I need to get some buildings together as well, my few 15mm European building are all old Hovels range - I fancy looking at some of those laser-cut MDF kits which are now available. Any recommendations?

8 comments:

  1. These look great - sadly most of my Bank holiday is spoken for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking French! For 15mm, I use 6mm buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great looking unit Matt with plenty of action poses. 4Ground do make fine MDF buildings and they are pre coloured, very clever kits, but rather expensive. I'd go with the old Hovels as they are not so large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may go to Salute and have a look out for buildings - I'm sure 4ground will be there.

      Delete
  4. Very smart - time for a parade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once The Marshall is ready he can survey his troops on parade. He's coming on quite nicely!

      Delete
  5. Great work on these - I've been working on a project from this period using 28mm models, and dabbling in 10mm as well...great work on the 15s!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is a period which has always fascinated me and yet I have played maybe only three times in 40 years of gaming. Really need to get my finger out methinks. Wonderful looking figures and the detail on those 15mm figures is superb.

    ReplyDelete