Tuesday 28 September 2021

Little House on the Prairie...

 Finished at last! The addition of these three units brings the Union up to strength, for now at least. The 12 figure marching unit are Perry metal figures and the skirmishers are Perry plastics with metal command figures.


I still have enough figures left to add to both sides over time (and I do have a hankering to add some cavalry) but for the moment there are enough figures completed to run a club game.


For the 54th Mass. I only had three heads left to swap and so the figures biting off the cartridge's are just a paint job conversion.


And of course The Little House on the Prairie is the Perry plastic farmstead. I have a few lengths of snake fencing left to paint and the Perry weatherboard church will grace the table eventually.

The next few weeks are going to be busy so I am not sure when my next post will be but if I get time I want to play a quick solo game with my new collection just to get my head around the rules (I have played several games at the club but kindly someone else has been umpire and done all the thinking for me!).


6 comments:

  1. Splendid work Matt and a very fine finish to the real estate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil - my property portfolio in the USA needs filling!

      Delete
  2. Your collection is looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything has come together nicely Matt…

    Lovely looking toys indeed.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to finally tick the "Finished" column for a change. Even though I will probably add to it!

      Delete
  4. These look great Matt and I like the fact that they have their own little house - no tenting tonight!

    ReplyDelete