Monday 8 August 2022

A Grand Run Thing

 Last week I had the pleasure of attending The Hinton Hut to play a four handed Napoleonic wargame hosted by Ian using his fantastic collection of 20mm Hinton Hunt figures. For a full break down of the battle, including the infamous "typo", Ian has posted an excellent 3 part breakdown of the battle here.

For my part I will post a few pictures to give a flavour of the days events.

The Guards - who secured my first victory points.

Ian's Prussians advancing neatly in support on my left.

And those pesky French-types determined to spoil our strategy.

The Young Guard marching to the base of the hill before marching back again. A French version of The Hokey-Cokey perhaps?

My rather rash decision to buy some time slowing the Austrian advance resulting in a severe bloody nose for the British Light Dragoons.

And all the while the Emperor and his Old Guard sat still and watched! 

Just to thank Ian, Tony and Nigel for a fantastic game and the first class company. Plus Mrs Stryker for keeping us all fed and watered the whole day!

9 comments:

  1. Some fine looking old world goodness there Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a splendid game - well humoured, fun to play and the figures are lovely.

      Delete
  2. Nice photos Matt - next time you come you can have the Imperial Guard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we will definitely have "The Guard has broken!" - complete with dramatic stare to the sky!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was genuinely one of the best wargames I have been involved with - positively oozing Old School charm.

      Delete
  4. Well played Matt - great photos too. It was great to meet up again. You wuz robbed - that's the main point here, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The easy going, fair minded side of me would brush this aside and state the game was the main spectacle, not the winning.

      However I like my coffee black, because it's like me, dark and bitter...

      Delete
  5. A splendid looking game Matt…
    What’s not to like about playing with such lovely toys…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete