Sunday 16 April 2023

The Advance Guard Has Arrived

The next show game is coming up in a few months. This time we are putting on a 28mm Franco Prussian War bash. Here is a sneak preview of the French Chasseurs entering an apparently abandoned village...


Seems quiet enough...


The figures are Perry and I am particularly fond of the trumpeter figures, he looks like he has walked out of a Detaille painting. The release of the plastic French infantry next week is eagerly anticipated. My order went in within hours of news of the release.

For the moment I am wading through those coldly efficient Germanic troops. There are quite a few in the queue! 


11 comments:

  1. Very fine Matt. I was very tempted to do the FPW again when I saw that Michael was doing a range again but I prefer metal figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I must admit to being a bit of a convert here with the plastic figures. The detail is very good and the versatility is something I want to experiment with further.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The poses are very good and you have to love that uniform!

      Delete
  3. Very nice indeed Matt…
    Definitely one of my favourite periods… I have a box load of assembled Prussians waiting way down the painting queue…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have similar boxes of "reserves" for a number of periods too!

      Delete
  4. These look great Matt - an interesting period and I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ian...and believe me there are LOTS more!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh the thrill of a new "project"! I have to admit that these "enfants" look "magnifique"

    ReplyDelete