Sunday 7 April 2024

The Last Two Gilder Union Regiments

 So here are the last of the Gilder 1964 Collection Union troops, the 6th Wisconsin and 19th Indiana regiments.

The rank and file are our old friends CS 6 Confederate Infantry in Slouch Hat with some minor conversion work.


The Indiana boys have had their muskets pulled down to a horizontal pose and (rather impressively) have real pieces of feather glued onto their hats. Officers are FN1 conversions once more and the standard bearer is CS 10 Confederate Standard Bearer.


The Wisconsin regiment have their muskets at the sculpted angle. They have plumes added onto their slouch hats. Before I cleaned and varnished them once more the plumes (all slightly different so not re-casts) were showing as slightly gloss. I therefore think they are made of plasticine sealed with nail varnish or banana oil as per the technique of the day. The standard bearer is an Airfix figure and the officers are CS 1 Confederate Officer.


That leaves me with three Confederate cavalry figures and my spending binge is then completely re-based. I have more Jacklex figures on the go plus more Hinton Hunt figures that I have collected over the years (I have just won some more HH ACW figures on Evil - Bay tonight!).

I have also started work on completing some of my older projects which is very much the order of the day for the rest of 2024. Teaser below*:

* Well you cannot have too many ACW collections, can you?

12 comments:

  1. More rather fine renovation going on there Matt, nice to see old stuff not consigned to the attic or God forbid the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil - they live to fight another day!

      Delete
  2. These are excellent Matt. Will we be getting a mass parade when they're all complete?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be rude not to really wouldn't it?

      Delete
  3. They are lovely! It has been a real joy seeing these veterans made ready to battle once more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to giving them a grand first outing!

      Delete
  4. Great work Matt. Lovely old figures and I really like the basing style, it suits them!
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s so good to see these figures given the care they deserve - well done to you on your rescue mission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rather pleased with myself over all this (and finding it hard to rescue a few more survivors from Mr Hinds Toy Emporium!).

      Delete
  6. Splendid work Matt…
    Beautiful toys indeed…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete