Friday 14 June 2024

An Act Of Incredible Generosity

 It is a long and convoluted story how a 28mm collection from the late, great, Jack Alexander was donated to our club (SEEMS) . 

Cutting it shortly, Jack's family wanted the figures to be used and be enjoyed after his passing and our club was a fortunate recipient; this alone is an act of incredible generosity.

When I heard of this I pitched in a bid for what was described as a batch "French Colonial" figures.

I do not know what I was expecting but when I met up with David Crook to pick them up my jaw  hit the floor:

 


There are hundreds of figures here, some I recognise and a fair number I do not. This now takes us into incredible, incredible generosity.

On Tuesday I was telling the world I would "resist all other temptations". By Friday I was making plans for these toys. I have made a new tag of "The Jack Alexander Collection". Watch this space!

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to Jack's family and hope I can return their trust n a small part of his legacy. 

5 comments:

  1. Superb news that these warriors will fight another day, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous. I'm sure his memory will live on, in his collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generous indeed! I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with these (after the ACW are completed of course).

    ReplyDelete