Saturday 28 October 2023

The Maryland Guard

I was undecided for a long while on whether to base these figures the same way as the rest of the Classic 20mm collection. Ultimately though I think I made the right decision. The figures had been re-based once before, the spirit based varnish I added will protect them from the water based materials I used to build up the bases and can easily be removed after a soak in water. 

Perhaps (more sadly) I actually thought after they pass from my collection who will actually appreciate their importance? 

Tomorrow's "classic collections" will be Wargames Foundry, Warhammer, Front Rank etc?

Still, I intend to let them battle on for a few years longer. I am basing up some more Gilder troops, this time Union cavalry and put the finishing touches to another unit of Jacklex Reb infantry.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see them getting a new leaf of live and not left getting dusty on a shelf somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to their first proper outing on the tabletop.

      Delete
  2. Looking good Matt…
    Glad to hear you are going to make use of them …. Toys are meant to be played with.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done them proud Matt now just go play with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a cunning plan with their first outing...just need to get them all based up.

      Delete
  4. Making it so that your rebasing is easily reversable is the exactly the right approach for these, I'd say, and they're look splendid on their new bases. As for whether or not anyone will care - I think it's very probably they will!

    ReplyDelete