Thursday 25 January 2018

Back to Business

15mm Minifigs French Infantry
 So here we are nearly a full month in to 2018 and I can finally post something new. For those keeping count this is line battalion number 5 completed which means I need one more line and a chasseur battalion to complete the stage 1 French 1870 army.

The "Furia Francese" in miniature!
The figures are all 15mm Miniature Figurines with a bit of bending and tweaking to get the "Furia Francese" result I wanted. I am now starting another Bavarian battalion. I need my German States stage 1 army to be roughly twice the size for the scenario I have in mind, plus some suitable real estate to grace the battlefield. If I can keep the pace going I am hoping for a fairly impressive opening game in around summertime. Finger's crossed of course.

11 comments:

  1. Good to see you back at the painting desk, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Matt. It's always a huge pleasure to see your new regiments. Very fine Frenchmen, I have to say.
    Best regards, WM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!

    PS. If I send 50p for the meter can you turn the lights on next time so I can see them in the full glorious'ness? :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again you've managed to make 15mm Minifigs appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very good - delighted you are getting back up to speed. One element of appeal that 15mm Minifigs have is that they are not 25mm Minifigs, which is mostly a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The 15mm figures are proportionate actively posed little marvels. The 25s are, well 25mm Minifigs.

      Delete
    2. Steve's comment about putting the lights on reminded me of old conversations of producing armies and scenery entirely in greyscale monochrome, so the wargames permanently look like the pics out of Featherstone, Grant, Young etc. It's still a very daft idea, but it does have a certain bizarre charm.

      Delete
  6. These look splendid. Glad you are painting again. If only there was any light outside to help!

    ReplyDelete