Monday 19 February 2018

Old School Colonial British Infantry

First of all apologies for the poor quality of the pictures but try as I may without my old fluorescent desk lamp which is sadly no more I just cannot get enough light onto the miniatures of late.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. Stryker of "Hinton Hunt Vintage Wargame Figures" fame has another interesting blog particularly relevant to  the 19th Century subject matter of this blog, covering the 2nd Anglo-Boer War here. These fellows are the results of my contribution to beef up the British infantry forces.


The figures themselves are from the small (but interesting) Raventhorpe 20mm Colonial range. Ian has chosen an old school block colours finish to the collection which I have enjoyed replicating (the first figures I have painted without a black primer for many years I believe).


They are ready to embark transports to Scotland tomorrow to take on the wily Boer. Expect better shots of the based figures on Stryker's blog soon.

For me it's back to those 15mm Bavarians which should be completed and based within the next few days all going well.

6 comments:

  1. A great job Matt - should make those Boers think twice about taking on the Empire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Stryker is a very lucky chap. They look great, Matt.
    Best regards
    WM

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a splendid group, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine body of men Matt. I have changed to grey primer recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of figs primed in grey too just to experiment around more.

      Delete
  5. These look good! That Stryker feller is building quite the international collection and I look forward to seeing these lads in action along with the rest.

    ReplyDelete