Sunday 17 March 2019

Rebs!

A quick preview of my fledgling latest collection. As mentioned in an earlier post I have joined a wargames club here. In a rush of enthusiasm on the first night I signed up to an ACW rule system that the club intend to play - "Redcoats & Rebels". I know the Union forces have already been started by other members so I have glued up and started painting some Perry Plastic 28mm Confederates first.


This game came be played to a conclusion within the 2-3 hours available on a Wednesday night. 

However I also love BIG ACW battles using "Fire & Fury" and have a separate collection going on there in 15mm. Plus, I have a small collection of vintage 20mm ACW figures (mainly Hinton Hunt) which I have been amassing over the years. 3 collections may seem a little extravagant but you only live once. And it is the American Civil War.

So, 28mm ACW is the second project for the remainder of 2019 and with the relatively low number of figures needed is the most likely to be completed. Especially as others are also now expecting a full contribution on my part. 

7 comments:

  1. There's nothing like the involvement of others to get one motivated on the painting front! Redcoats & Rebels sounds more like AWI - sure your're painting the right stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you wrote what was my first thought so that I didn't have to! But then I got a vague memory that these cover both.

      Anyway one can never really have too much ACW stuff in too many scales, a classic wargaming period.

      Delete
    2. They cover from the FIW to the ACW. Fortunately for me there's lots of pictures for me to confirm this!!!!

      Delete
  2. 3 scales for one period why not....I've got ECW in 6mm, 15mm, and 28mm as a project, ACW 15mm, 20mm & 28mm, WW2 15mm, 20mm, 28mm & 1/32 ! the winner with 4 scales

    ReplyDelete