Saturday 16 March 2019

More Airfix Waterloo

Having reached a milestone of more games played in 2019 than 2017 & 2018 combined I have also been slowly adding to various collections. The first is this British artillery base.

Waterloo Horse Artillery - probably my favourite of all the Airfux sets

I have a few more weeks of shift work to go before I join the 9-5 set so I hope to increase output very soon. Rather than go bonkers and start painting everything I have I will probably stick with 4 main projects for 2019. Next up for the Airfix collection are those really useful marching French artillerymen. 

But for my next post are some 28mm ACW destined for some club games later in the year.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely superb, Matt. Probably my all-time favourite too!
    All the best
    WM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timeless figures and beautiful painting, a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an excellent set. Even the limber was a beaut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, I agree with everyone else - this was a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments one and all. Thinking about it though there was also that Africa Korps set!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original one was a classic. Lovely mix of gear.

      Delete
  7. Funnily enough the old box picture is on the library wall at school as part of a display about what book inspired me 'The Armies of Waterloo' published 1973...and how in the late 70's I used it to paint my favourite box of Airfix 'OO' figures the Horse Artillery from its wonderful uniform pictures

    ReplyDelete