Wednesday 20 February 2019

Tonight I Played A Wargame

In my build up to normality in the working arena, tonight I visited a local wargames club and played a wargame. Actually two - we played the same game twice.

It looked nothing like this....I wasn't wearing a tie.
The game itself was linked to the "Terminator" movies and I was a test player for a participation game for a wargames show this Sunday. Having never played the game, which involved plenty of dice (always a good sign) I did manage to defend humanity in one game and throw it all away in the second. I have sort of signed myself up to assisting in figures for an ACW era "Rebels & Patriots" game so I obviously had a fair bit a fun. The rules are ordered and on their way and I am sure the figure orders will follow swiftly!

7 comments:

  1. Sure is.. how's you're painting arm these days - wasn't there a bike crash at some point??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 90% use of the arm. Took a year but I’m almost as good as new!

      Delete
  2. Playing a wargame? Good God Matt whatever next! ACW eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matt, just a quick hello from Paul Bird, have started to dabble in Bolt Action and currently building a mini Burma campaign (Common wealth + gurkha and native irregulars V small jap force) Plan to have scenery and figures (28mm) ready by summer holiday 2019 (teacher now so 6 weeks off) if you fancy test gaming it with me, that would be great.
    Would test it at the local club but recent small person/pokamon infestation seems to have driven the other grumpy git tabletop players off. I'll cook and host.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul! Crikey its been a while! Would love to, my email is mattgolding747@yahoo.co.uk. Drop me a line.

      Delete
  4. nothing like becoming a 'social wargamer' have an opponent for about 4 games a year but will be going along to Deal Wargamers here in Kent a bit more regularly hopefully

    ReplyDelete