Sunday 27 January 2019

A Proper Version Of The Best Story Ever?

My all time favourite read has to be HG Wells "War of the Worlds". I have longed for a true cinematic adaption to come along, but alas films are always "adapted" to contemporary settings (and invariably transferred to the USA). So imagine my delight when I discovered last night about this upcoming BBC, 3-part production for 2019.

Even looks like one of my favourite illustrations from booklet inside the Jeff Wayne album.
Will we finally see "The Thunderchild" in action? The "black smoke"?

Now I know this is the BBC and the possibility exists that the Martians will be sent packing by vegan Suffragettes dissuading them from acts of violence or some such; but the blurb says it will be true to the original story. Dare to dream, but this could be a major tick on the old bucket list. 

5 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that it is being made by the same people that brought us Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell... which is in my opinion an excellent adaptation from the book... my hopes are high.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm looking forward to this as well , fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can but hope for good things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...the preview looks good... and besides it has Eleanor Tomlinson... sigh... :o)

    ReplyDelete