Friday 4 October 2019

Confederate Skirmishers

At the moment I am building a 30 point Confederate army for Rebels and Patriots (R&P from now on).  Each standard unit of skirmishers is 6 figures strong in the rules. I had these 12 figures in suitable poses in the lead pile. 

Unit #1, Good Shots at a total of 4 points

I decided to spend 8 points on these fellows, 2 points for the standard six plus a 2 point upgrade for "good shots".

They are skirmishers after all and a steady hand would be an advantage!

Unit #2, Good Shots at a total of 4 points
I am looking forward to the Union troops more to be honest, this is a bit like painting WW2 Germans for me, a necessary evil before I manage to get to the "good guys". But I've started so I'll finish as someone once said.

Next up some artillery and another plastic 12 figure unit.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Matt, fine looking Johnny Rebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I find painting Confederates a bit of a chore when there are lads in the lead pile waiting to receive their blue coats. Great work, I look forward to seeing more (hopefully Union) troops soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They might be the baddies, but they're very pretty baddies. Stunning work, Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job!

    Leaving politics etc aside I like the variety in doing Rebs but Yanks are mostly quicker and easier.

    ReplyDelete