Tuesday 1 October 2019

I Had A Little Pause

It is safe to say that I will not remember 2019 with any fondness. It really has been one bit of bad luck followed by another; the biggest kick in the teeth being my father passing away at the beginning of last month. 

I have been painting away, mainly to take my mind off things and have tried to follow your blog updates when possible. I just did not feel like posting anything myself.

Of all my model collections "the blue and the grey ones" were always Dads' favourites.


So, I will be posting again properly later this week, starting off with my Perry Confederate 28mm figures based for "Rebels and Patriots", I am a handful of figures away from a club night challenge. 

8 comments:

  1. Very sorry to read of the loss of your Dad. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please accept my condolences, I won't say loss, our loved ones are always with us. The picture is a fine tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Condolences to you and yours. The hobby can be usefully diverting at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to learn of your loss, Matt - I've missed your blog posts - hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the loss of your father. A few more weeks will make it 17 years since mine passed away but I still rely on his advice, guidance and humour(and admonitions) which seem to pop up in my head when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss, Matt. When Mum died a couple of years ago I found painting a great way to take my mind off things too - but also as a way to find a quite place remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Commiserations for your loss, Matt..

    ReplyDelete