Wednesday 1 January 2020

Seeing in 2020 With A Bang.

First of all may I wish you all the best for the New Year.

In 2019 I managed to play far more games than in previous years and as you may recall the "Rebels & Patriots" ruleset used at the club sent me into the world of 28mm ACW. Here is the latest  offering for the Confederate forces.


The artillery now adds a little more punch to the rebel forces. I have also completed the officer and his unit required in the rules and should have them based and photographed by the weekend.

That leaves one more twelve infantry figure unit to complete and that will be the phase 1 Confederates completed. Then it will be time to move onto the Union (Hurrah Boys, Hurrah!). The relatively small numbers involved in these rules and the guarantee of them seeing battle as soon as they are complete means this is an achievable goal - as long as I stay focussed. 



I have other  plans for the ACW; this time for larger scale battles using "classic" Hinton Hunt and Jacklex 20mm figures. More on this in February. 


8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Matt.

    Neat looking gun and crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking gun crew! Glad you've been getting games in, may there be plenty more in 2020.

    (btw 20mm, excellent scale for ACW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say Hinton Hunt? Now I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! Very attractive, and the ACW isn't even my period. Still, well painted and presented figures catch my eye regardless of their era.

    Happy New Year,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they're anything at all as good as your 28s, your HHs and Js will be stunning. I can't wait!

    Happy New Year,
    WM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely toys Matt...

    Also looking forward to the Hinton Hunts.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete