Monday 13 July 2020

Rebel Movement

At last I have something new to post. I have been busy decorating and as soon as one room is finished the others look shabby in comparison, so it turns into a vicious circle. 

For my 100th post I give you more figures for the Classic 20mm ACW collection.


All figures are Jacklex. 10 new infantry stands and a gun and crew. Flags by ROFUR in 1/72nd scale.


They include the new Confederate infantry in kepi and blanket roll, rather than having to use the Union infantry with backpacks. A very useful figure. The three figures to a base feels right for an old school collection and my new measuring sticks are made, painted and waiting for the layers and layers of gloss varnish to dry.


Obviously the gunner with the rammer will only be used in summer campaigns!


I am now working on more Union infantry and the first of the General command bases.

19 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed Matt...
    Happy hundredth post...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly - this is proving to be a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Very smart Matt, looking forward to some proper troops in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking figures, give you joy of your 100th !

    ReplyDelete
  4. And they are worthy of the honour! Here's to the next hundred!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done Matt, you certainly bring out the best in these old figures. Now come on, lets see that shiny new measuring stick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more coat of varnish and I think I will be there!

      Delete
  6. What they all said, Matt!
    All the best
    WM

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chap with the rammer is Gunner Putin. Love the new figures - they have a more rebellious look about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine body of men you have there Matt. I really like the prominent straps on the muskets. I cannot get away from it: to me the advancing pose looks like air guitar! (Not meaning to detract from the figures, which I like a lot).
    Looking forward to your additional Union and commanders.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the air guitar pose is properly old school; think Hinton Hunt, Hinchliffe etc.

      Delete