Sunday 20 June 2021

The Union Has Arrived!

At last the first Union force has stepped off the painting table and is now advancing to the field of battle. These are Perry plastics based for Rebels & Patriots.  This is a standard 12 figure infantry unit, however despite the flags this is not going to be the main commander's unit - I have plans for an extra special regiment for that role, which will probably be the next 28mm unit I paint.

I have given myself the challenge of creating a force large enough for games night in three months time. Bearing in mind the rebels took me over a year to complete that is no mean feat. Hopefully my seven day weekend lifestyle will help!

I even managed to paint up some battlefield "clutter"


I have a couple of Jacklex units primed and ready so if I can get them both finished you'll see them in all their glory next Sunday.

10 comments:

  1. That's a hell of challenge, Matt, but the result will be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After so many months twiddling my thumbs I am raring to go!

      Delete
  2. They certainly painted up well!

    Rushing to get a Union army on the table by alternatel painting 28mm and 20mm ACW units sounds like the sort of tactics I might choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2021 is definitely very ACW orientated - hopefully both projects can be put to bed by Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Best of luck on your challenge. I look forward to seeing them on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Matt. By the look of these beauties the eyes are working well. I do hope that is the case?
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James - the eyes are holding out well, long may it continue (every procedure came with the caveat it could all slip back again so I am trying to make every day count!)

      Delete
  5. Thanks Stu - I'll remember that!

    ReplyDelete