Sunday 27 June 2021

A Small Addition To The Union

This week has been rather busy so I have only been able to produce this six base Union unit; this time using the Jacklex "Confederate Infantry Advancing in Kepi"  simply painted Union blue with blackened gum blankets.


This is the last of the Jacklex Union infantry I currently have - so a small dent in the lead pile has been achieved. I have plenty of Confederates to paint so I will complete them before I put in another order (honest!). 

The idea is to complete both Civil War projects this year, but as I have a tight deadline on the 28mm collection that will take precedence. However, not before I post some of the new Jacklex French in Mexico figures next Sunday.

18 comments:

  1. Love 'em! Proper soldiers!
    Nest regards
    WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bigger the collection gets the better it looks - these fellows were designed for "grand Manner" wargames!

      Delete
  2. I do like the Jacklex figures and will be interested in seeing his Mexican figures .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mexican range is something special too in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. Lovely toys Matt…
    I am very fond of Jacklex Miniatures… I have just started painting a unit for myself.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your results, made me wonder if I should go shiny too!

      Delete
  4. A most excellent looking regiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great looking unit Matt. What make of flag and scale are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ian. They are Revo 1/72nd scale flags that I have owned for years. I think some are still available at Keep Wargaming.

      Delete
  6. More marvellous infantry Matt. That 'air guitar' pose is a good one isn't it, especially in a full unit?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete