Saturday 10 July 2021

Down Mexico Way


At last I have been able to finish some of the new Jacklex French in Mexico figures. I do hope the photographs do them justice.


Here are the first French bases, I have a number of other figures started but not finished as painting time has been hard to come by at the moment. I had intended these figure to be "shiny toy style" but as the paint went on  the detail really came out and I felt they deserved my best shading efforts. 

 

I am very impressed by the figures; the detail and proportions make for convincing little miniature men. I am looking forward to completing more (and this collection may well take precedence over the Classic 20mm ACW painting). The figures have also open up a number of conversion possibilities but more on that later.


For the moment my self enforced deadline for the 28mm ACW collection is already running into trouble - one month in to the three months planned and I only have 12 figures to show for it. Therefore I will pull my finger out and get serious.

P.S. This post is a day early as there is a small matter of a football match I will be watching tomorrow night. If we win we can bleat on about it for a few more decades. And if we lose we can do the same. 

13 comments:

  1. Do like the Jacklex figures and the Maximilian in Mexico has a lot of colourful troops - a win win situation .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look good in those red trousers and havelocks!

      Delete
  2. These are lovely figures but the style is a bit different to other Jacklex it seems? Very nice work though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Style is a bit different but they size and proportions are a good match - I will certainly be using figures from the other periods to fight in Mexico!

      Delete
  3. You have done a fine job in those Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Jacklex figures - full of character.
    Are you interested in any more 20mm RSM French Hussars like those painted up as the 2nd regimment on a previous post on you blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob, glad you like them.

      I am interested in more RSM hussars - you can email me at mattgolding747@yahoo.co.uk

      Regards,

      Matt

      Delete
  5. Great looking figures and a most colorful period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mark, I am looking forward to adding more infantry and cavalry which really do look the business!

      Delete
  6. Excellent figures, painted just right. Camerone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These chasseurs look great Matt.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just because they have shading doesn't stop them looking good shiny - try one.

    ReplyDelete