Sunday 8 August 2021

A Smaller Post Than Advertised

 This week has been rather busy. When I retired I "treated" myself to a greenhouse (how pensioner-ish is that?) Due to COVID demand for greenhouses has been phenomenally high and I was given a date of mid September before it could be delivered. Last week however I received a call, it will be delivered this coming Tuesday. The problem is that the base it will sit on was still occupied by an old galvanised steel shed, complete with 13 years worth of accumulated "stuff". It is now gone and so has the "stuff".

Little time left for painting then. In fact I have only been able to base up the Jacklex Confederate infantry unit I painted last week. 6 stands of marching glory.


I am not sure how much painting I will get done this week but for the rest of the month I will be continuing with the 28mm Perry ACW figures so that by September I will be able to host my long threatened game on club night.

Finally, remember the puppy? The one who seemed to have incredibly gangly legs she could never possibly grow into? Well, Lottie's eight months old next week and all growed-up looking:

Yes, she really is that shiny!

Until next week.

12 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! What a face.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stokes,

      That she has, plus a lovely temperament too. I consider myself very lucky to have found her!

      Kindest Regards,

      Matt

      Delete
  2. A mighty fine pup there. Oh and the units fine too😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks can be deceptive. Lots of mischief potential in a Lab of that age!

    Almost as pretty as those Jacklex though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the mischief.

      A later photo of her running in circles with her small tyre shaped toy completely blocking her eyes didn't look quite so regal!

      Delete
  4. Just how many coats of gloss did you put on Lottie?
    I guess she's another retirement treat to get you out a bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I treated myself a lot! No varnish (or Turtle Wax) - she came fitted with "soft sheen" already!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful looking regiment and what A wonderful dig you have! Looking forward to you battle with the new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great looking unit. Love all the different colours! Cute looking pup too!

    ReplyDelete