Sunday 10 March 2024

Peter Gilder's 1st & 2nd United States Infantry

As promised last week here are a couple of Gilder Union regiments cleaned up and re-based.

The 1st United States, as described earlier this year, are again converted Napoleonic castings. The infantry are FN/ French Line Grenadier, the bugler is BN/20 Rifles Bugler, the standard bearer is BN/14 British Ensign and the officers are the FN/1 & DN/1 conversions we have seen before.


 Next we have the 2nd United States, again Napoleonic conversions. This time the firing infantrymen are BN/4 British Infantry, the drummer is BN/12 British Infantry drummer and the officers are once again converted FN/1 French Officer. 

And of course, the standard bearer is the old reliable Airfix figure.


I have a couple more Union regiments to finish re-basing but the next post will feature my (currently) last Gilder Confederate infantry regiment plus some more Jacklex rebs.

The artillery for both sides is also forging ahead. I also need to start the matching terrain. I have a healthy pile of rubberised horse hair, twigs, balsa wood sheets and other "vintage" terrain making material. This should keep me busy for a few more months!

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely I must admit, looking forward to seeing the Confederates and good on you for doing "vintage" terrain too, will certainly be interested in seeing your work on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of balsa cement brings back great memories!

      Delete
  2. Nice toys Matt…
    The ‘vintage’ terrain sounds interesting….

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already up to my ears in saw dust flock...perhaps I should have thought abut this more before getting stuck in!

      Delete
  3. Super looking units Matt. Did you hand paint those flags? Wonderful!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These figures are Peter Gilder's own which came up for auction on ebay last year. While I do not usually have other peoples figures in my collection I made an exception for these. They date from 1964 and have held up extremely well!

      Delete