Sunday 17 March 2024

Some Of My Own Work This Time

 I have nearly completed the re-basing of the last three Gilder infantry units I managed to get my hands on which I will post next week. In the meantime here is my latest completed handywork. 

An eight base unit to add to the collection. I have a dismounted Union cavalry unit and more artillery for both sides underway which should get me to where I wanted to be at Christmas.

I have also started on the snake fencing and look to be making my first ever rubberised horsehair trees very soon. The collection finally appears to be taking shape!

14 comments:

  1. You are advancing well there Matt, splendid stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the Confederate unit, they look very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look very nice Matt. I see that Hinds still have a few more units for sale - just saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did promise myself I would not buy any more until I had re=based the ones I already have. I have nearly finished the re-basing...

      Delete
  4. Nice work Matt - very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a pleasure to paint actually. Glad you like them!

      Delete
  5. They look great Matt. May I ask what make they are? I must have missed that somewhere previously.
    Cheers,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lee - they are Jacklex figures, thankfully still available.
      The ones painted by Peter Gilder are Hinton Hunt, sadly no longer available in their entirety.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I thought they could be Jacklex! Nice figures. Jacklex are now owned and sold by Mark Lodge, the Gentleman who has commissioned me to paint around 750 Pony Wars figures for him :)

      Great to see the more traditional style soldier still being enjoyed, your Peter Gilder ACW's look wonderful too.

      Cheers,
      Lee.

      Delete
  6. Very nice indeed Matt…
    Got to love those classic Jacklex toys…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete